Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I'm A Senior Now! (Pt.2)

            Departed seniors bring up the topic of graduation. I am one of the few juniors who for some reason or another decided to go to graduation which was a lot better than I thought it would be. Though two speeches that I won’t identify were particularly boring, the remainder were exceptional. Sure they fit the mold of typical freedom in life and push your barriers themes but each had its own unique twist or conveyance that really moved the audience. The performing arts also did a great job and I really enjoyed hearing the band, orchestra and choir fuse into one. After the ceremony, everyone said their farewells and exchanged tears and hugs.
            With graduation, I am now officially a senior! One more year and then… I’m not really sure to be honest. Some college and then the rest will happen as it comes. Anyways, back to more current news. Summer swimming starts up Monday and I can’t say I’m too excited. I do want to get back in the pool and back in shape but I’m not a big fan of being waking up at 6:30 or of swimming 3 hours a day. I’m also hoping to start up running a bit to get a steady number of miles every day; hopefully this will help me stay in shape during the swimming off seasons and be somewhat fun at the same time. Speaking of fitness, Alli Koch’s Powered by the Heart (linked to the right) started just yesterday. After biking through over 70 miles of what I’ve heard was pretty crummy weather, she’s been at it again today for another 120+ miles. We all support her great cause, are very proud of her, and wish her luck on her long journey. If you would like to know more about what she’s doing or want to donate (which you should!), once again the link is to the right.
            Well that about does it for my random updates for the end of the year. I apologize for how unorganized this entry was but it should cover a lot of what’s been on my mind lately. Hopefully I didn’t bore you too much with all this random non-economic stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment